To import data into Analytics, you'll need the following:
- Edit permission for the property into which you will upload the data
- A formatted CSV (comma separated values) file containing the data you want to upload
- A Data Set of the appropriate type, which will hold the uploaded data
- Any custom dimensions or metrics required by the Data Set
- Certain import types require additional setup or configuration of your Analytics account. For example, to use Refund Data Import, your property must be using the Enhanced Ecommerce plugin. Campaign Data Import, on the other hand, depends on custom campaign URL tagging.
Once you have your formatted upload file and target Data Set ready, you can import the data using the Manage uploads page.