To turn on Enhanced Ecommerce for a view, and label your checkout steps:
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the view for which you want to turn on Enhanced Ecommerce.
- In the VIEW column, click Ecommerce Settings.
- Under Step 1, Enable Ecommerce, set the status to ON.
- Click Next step.
- Under Step 2, Enhanced Ecommerce Settings, set the status to ON.
When you turn this option on:
- You can then see the Enhanced Ecommerce reports in the Conversions section
- The other, older category of Ecommerce reports is no longer visible
- Optionally, enter labels for the checkout steps you have defined in your ec.js tagging. These labels are for display purposes only, so that Analytics can create a meaningful funnel visualization of your checkout path.
Click a funnel step, enter a label name, then click Done. Repeat for each step you defined in your tagging.
The label names appear in the Checkout Behavior report (e.g., Log In/Create Account, Shipping Address, Billing Information, Review Order, Place Order).
- Click Submit.