If you do not want to, or are unable to, modify your tracking code or page code to define Custom Variables, you have the option to instead use a View filter to extract dynamic-parameter values for
Product ID and then share those values as Dynamic Attributes.
Create a View filter
- In Analytics, click Admin.
- Select the relevant Account, Property, and View.
- In the View column, click Filters.
- Click + NEW FILTER.
- Select Custom filter, and then select Advanced.
- In Field A --> Extract A, select Request URI.
- In the text field for Field A..., enter a regular expression to identify your product IDs; for example:
- In Output to --> Constructor, select User Defined.
- In the text field for Output to..., enter $A1.
Your completed filter should look something like the following:
The dynamic-parameter values that you extract from your URLs become visible in the User Defined report.
Share the dynamic-parameter values as Dynamic Attributes
When you share dynamic attributes with your AdWords accounts, under Required Attributes > Product ID, rather than select a Custom Variable, you can instead select User Defined to share the extracted values with AdWords, and use them as the basis for your Dynamic Remarketing.