Access the BigQuery sample dataset
To help you get familiar with the Analytics 360 BigQuery Export, we have generated a small sample dataset for the imaginary website London Cycle Helmet. This data set contains a single day's worth of data from the website, including pageviews, custom dimensions, events, and ecommerce transactions.
To access the dataset:
- Go to http://bigquery.cloud.google.com.
- If you're new to BigQuery, or you don't have a project set up yet, create a BigQuery project.
- Click the small arrow next to your project name.
- Open the menu next to your project name, and click Switch to project > Display project.
- In the Add Project screen, enter
- Click OK.
You should now see a dataset named google.com:analytics-bigquery added to the project.
- Select this project from the list, and click the ga_sessions table in the project to see the schema and details.
- Click Query Table to run a query.
Try a sample query like:
SELECT SUM(totals.pageviews) as TotalPageviews