Data Processing Terms
The Google Ads Data Processing Terms are meant for businesses established in the territory of a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, or that, for other reasons, are subject to the territorial scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The Google Ads Data Processing Terms will supersede and replace the existing Analytics Data Processing Amendment (including the German Analytics Data Processing Amendment).
Accept the Data Processing Amendment
You need Edit permission at the account level to accept the Data Processing Terms.
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin.
- In the ACCOUNT column, use the menu to select the account in which you want to update settings.
If you have a lot of accounts, use the search box to help you find the right one.
- In the ACCOUNT column, click Account Settings.
- Under Data Processing Amendment, click Review Amendment.
- After you review the amendment, click Done.
- Click Done again to save your account settings.
Provide contact details
If you accept the Data Processing Terms, you must also provide the following information:
- Legal Entity: A legal entity is the registered name for your organization for purposes of addressing financial and legal matters. Your organization may have more than one.
- Primary Contact (a.k.a. "Notification Email Address"): The contact to whom notices under the Google Ads Data Processing Terms will be sent.
- Data Protection Officer: The person designated, where applicable, to facilitate compliance with the provisions of the GDPR.
- EEA Representative: The person designated, where applicable, to represent customers not established in the EU with regard to their obligations under the GDPR.