User-ID Coverage report
The report will only be visible in User ID enabled view in such property
The User-ID Coverage report is an overview of the distribution of assigned User IDs among all of your traffic. You can use this report to see the total number of sessions and compare the proportion in which users are assigned a User ID to the proportion in which users aren’t assigned a User ID.In this article:
User-ID Coverage report
The User-ID Coverage report is available in reporting views after you set up User-ID. To view it, type User-ID Coverage in the search box above the report navigation, and select the result. You can also browse the report navigation to find the report. It’s grouped with the Audience > Behavior reports in a web view, and with the Behavior > Behavior reports in an app view.
If you don't see this report, you might not have User-ID set up, or you might be using a reporting view that doesn't include this report.
Click to expand this image and see where these options appear in the interface.
What the User-ID Coverage report tells you
Users that have a User ID assigned are likely to behave differently than users that don’t have an ID.
For example, you can set up the User-ID feature so IDs are assigned to users when they sign into an account. This means that the set of users with an ID assigned are also the set of users that interact with your content while signed in. With the User-ID Coverage report, you can see the percentage of your sessions that include activity from signed-in users.
Signed-in users usually engage more deeply with content or can take actions that non-signed in user can’t take (like make a purchase). Separating these traffic segments in your reports can help you make better business decisions.
You might design advertising, content, engagement activities, or transaction approaches for signed in users that are different than the approaches you use for other users. You can also use this data in this report to help strategize ways in which you can encourage users with existing accounts to sign-in when engaging your content, or figure out how to attract new account sign ups.
Limitations of the User-ID Coverage report
- The User-ID Coverage report is not available in all reporting views. It’s only available on views after you set up User-ID.
- The User-ID Coverage report only gives you an overview of how much of your traffic has a User ID assigned (or not). This report does not provide any data or details about users and sessions in which a user ID is assigned. Use the User ID Coverage report in conjunction with a User-ID view to get an in-depth analysis of how users with an assigned User ID engage with your content.
- What the User-ID is linked to depends entirely on your implementation. You must set up and implement User ID in your own specific technical environment. In our example above, we talk about what the User-ID Coverage report can tell you if you associate the User ID with an account sign in. This is just one example of how you can set up User ID. User ID does not automatically associate with user accounts, or any other kind of data.
- About User-ID views
- About the Cross Device reports
- About the User-ID feature
- Overview of how to set up the User-ID feature
Refer to our Developer Guides for the technical details on how to implement the User ID: