Policy requirements for Google Analytics Advertising Features
Google Analytics Advertising Features allow you to enable features in Analytics that aren't available through standard implementations. Advertising features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers
By enabling the Advertising Features, you enable Google Analytics to collect data about your traffic via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, in addition to data collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation. Regardless of how you send data to Google Analytics (for example, via the Google Analytics tracking code, Google Analytics SDK, or the Measurement Protocol), if you use Google Advertising Features, you must adhere to this policy.
You will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature unless you have robust notice of, and the user's prior affirmative (i.e., opt-in) consent to, that merger.
- The Google Analytics Advertising Features you've implemented.
- How you and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) or other third-party identifiers together.
- How visitors can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features you use, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI's consumer opt-out).
We also encourage you to point users to Google Analytics' currently available opt-outs for the web.
European Union user consent policy
When using Google Analytics Advertising Features, you must also comply with the European Union User Consent Policy.
If you've enabled interest-based advertising, including Remarketing, with Google Analytics in connection with other Google services, you must follow the policies applicable to those Google services (like the Google AdWords Policy for Advertising Based on Interests and Location and its sensitive category restrictions, and the DoubleClick Services Platform Program Policies). If you use Google Analytics to collect sensitive information about your visitors, as described in the Google AdWords sensitive category restrictions, you may not use Google Analytics to collect data for the purpose of interest based advertising.
This policy was last updated 7-28-2015.