Mobile Marketing Optimization
Identify Valuable Mobile Keywords
Users may search for different types of keywords on their mobile devices than they would on their desktops or laptops. For example, they may search for shorter phrases or more brand terms. This analysis helps you determine which mobile keywords drive the most visits, attract new customers, and lead to conversions and e-commerce transactions.
- Navigate to Traffic Sources > Sources > Search > Overview.
- Change the primary dimension to Keyword.
- If you’re investigating traffic to your mobile site, skip to the next step.
If you’re investigating mobile traffic to your regular website, open Segments, and apply the Mobile Traffic default segment.
- Select the Comparison view from the top right of the table.
- Use the drop-down menu in the middle column to sort by Visits.
- In the drop-down menu in the right-hand column, select % New Visits to see how the performance of each keyword compares to the site average in terms of attracting new customers or prospects.
- Under the Explorer tab, select a Goal Set or Ecommerce. Different metrics appear in the table based on this selection.
- Stay in the Comparison view, and use the right-hand drop-down menu in the table to compare different conversion-based metrics, such as Goal Conversion Rate or Ecommerce Conversion Rate, to the site average.
- For a visual representation of the performance of keywords, select the Term Cloud view from the top right of the table. Use the drop-down menu above the Term Cloud to select a metric (such as Ecommerce Conversion Rate) to visualize which keywords are bringing the most traffic or driving the highest conversion rate.
If you see high performing keywords that aren't already in your AdWords campaign(s), add them to your most relevant ad group. If you already have them in your account, consider increasing your bids for keywords that attract new customers (as indicated by a high percentage of new visits) and/or lead to more conversions or e-commerce transactions.