Shortcuts remember your settings so you don't have to reconfigure a report each time you open it. Any setting you apply to a report, like adding an advanced segment or a new metric, stays applied in a shortcut until you manually change the settings. The settings are saved even if you sign out and sign back in to your account. All report customizations and settings are saved in a shortcut except the date range. Check the dates each time you use a shortcut to make sure the time period you need is applied.In this article:
You can create a shortcut to any Standard or Custom report that has the Shortcut option (below the report title).
Access and manage your shortcuts in the Shortcuts section in the left pane. See details about all of your shortcuts at once in the Overview report, or click an individual shortcut’s name to view or edit it. If you have the Edit permission, you can also manage your personal shortcuts as assets in the Admin section.
Each shortcut is only visible to the user who created it but can be shared using the Emailing and Exporting Reports function.
Create, edit, or delete a shortcut
To create a shortcut:
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Navigate to your view.
- Find a report that you regularly access from either the Reporting or Customization tab.
- Configure the report (e.g., apply an advanced segment, change the dimensions and metrics, etc.).
- From the menu bar above the report, click Shortcut.
- Enter a name for the shortcut.
- Click OK to save. Saving a shortcut automatically takes you to the Shortcuts section in the left pane.
To edit a shortcut:
- In the left pane, click Shortcuts, then click the name of the report you want to edit.
- Make your changes (e.g., add or remove an advanced segment, etc.).
- Click Save from the menu bar to update the shortcut's configuration.
To delete a shortcut:
- In the left pane, click Shortcuts, then click Overview.
- Open the Actions menu for the relevant shortcut and click Delete.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Delete Shortcut button.