About In-Page Analytics
With In-Page Analytics, you can make a visual assessment of how users interact with your web pages. This helps you answer questions like:
- Is the layout optimal for what I want users to accomplish on the page?
- Are my users seeing the content I want them to see?
- Are my users finding what they're looking for on the page?
- Are my calls to action motivating or visible enough?
- What links are users clicking?
Beginning with your site's homepage, you see what links users clicked. You can navigate In-Page Analytics the way you navigate your site: click any link on your homepage, and when the new page is loaded, the corresponding data are shown for that page.
Additional benefits of this report include:
- Support for image maps, so you can create a separate tag for each linkable part within a single image
- Support for segments and date comparisons
- Availability of page-level information
- Information about the portion of your page that is visible without scrolling
Note: Ecommerce data is not reported by In-Page Analytics.
In-Page Analytics performs best with modern browsers. For an optimal experience, use the current versions of Chrome or Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or later.
Access In-Page Analytics
Before you can use the report, you have to enter the URL for the page on which you want the report to launch. You enter that URL when you edit the settings for a reporting view.
You can access the report two ways: