Run an Experiment
This article covers how we calculate some of the metrics you see in Content Experiments.
Compared to original page
How a conversion rate for a variation page compares to the conversion rate for the original page.
Experiments uses the following formula to calculate the comparison:
((conversion rate for variation / conversion rate for original) - 1) * 100
For a variation page that performs better than the original:
- conversion rate for variation = 35%
- conversion rate for ogiginal = 25%
- (35/25 = 1.4) - 1 = .4; .4 * 100 = 40
- The value for Compared to original = +40%.
For a variation page that performs worse than the original:
- conversion rate for variation = 20%
- conversion rate for ogiginal = 40%
- (20/40 = .5) - 1 = -.5; -.5 * 100 = -50
- The value for Compared to original = -50%.