Use the experiment list and the reports to keep track of how your experiment is progressing.
The experiment list contains general information about all your experiments, and is a good place to track the status and associated traffic. On the list, you can see the:
- The status of each experiment (e.g., Setup, Running, Stopped, Ended)
- The total number of visits to pages in each experiment
- Start and end dates
Each report includes: a graph, a summary, and a data table. Each of these presents different information to aid your evaluation.
The graph shows for the original and each variation, either:
- The percentage of visitors who completed the goal you selected
- The value of the metric you're trying to improve
To the right of the graph, is a summary that includes:
- The total number of visits to all pages in your experiment
- How many days worth of data have been collected
- The percentage of visitors included in your experiment
- The status of your experiment
The data table includes:
- Page name
- The number of visits to each page
- The number of conversions after viewing each page
- The conversion rate (conversions / visits) for each page
- How the conversion rate for each page compares to the original
- The chance that each page will perform better than the original page based on how well the page is performing so far and how much data has been collected
If you have disabled a page, the table shows Disabled in the last two columns.
Your experiment can have one of the following states (identified in the Status and Details columns):
- Setup (Step number)
You started to set up the experiment but stopped at the step number in parentheses. Click the experiment name to continue setup from that step.
- Setup (Ready to run)
You completed setup for the experiment, but have not launched it. Click the experiment name to check your settings, and to launch your experiment.
You completed setup and started the experiment. Click the experiment name to view progress or edit the setup.
- Ended (Stopped manually)
You permanently stopped this experiment after it started running. Click the experiment name to view the associated data.
- Ended (Time limit reached)
Your experiment ran for three months but did not have a page that clearly outperformed the others. Click the experiment name to view the associated data.
- Ended (Winner found)
Your experiment had a page that clearly outperformed the other pages. Click the experiment name to view the associated data.
- Ended (No winner)
No page was identified as having a statistically significant chance of outperforming the original. Click the experiment name to view the associated data.
- Ended (Processing)
Your experiment ended and we’re processing the data. Procesing should take no more than 24 hours. In the meantime, click the experiment name to view the associated data.
- View code-checking errors.