Overview of Content Experiments
Experiments Requirements & Sign-in
Before you use Content Experiments, you need to create a Google account if you don't have one, create a Google Analytics account, and add the Analytics tracking code to your web pages. Learn more
Experiments are only compatible with the analytics.js, ga.js, and Google Tag Manager tracking methods. If you use any other tracking method, information about Experiments may not be applicable to your implementation and reports.
Sign in to Analytics and Open Content Experiments
Content Experiments is integrated into Analytics so you can run your experiments and examine a broad set of data in the same environment.
Once you've set up your Google Analytics account, you can access Experiments at any time:
- Sign in to your Analytics account at http://www.google.com/analytics.
- Open the relevant view.
- Click the Reporting tab.
- In the left menu, click Behavior, then click Experiments.
- Click Create experiment.
The wizard guides you through setting up your first experiment.
In addition to setting up experiments with the wizard, you can also use the new new Experiments API.
- Read more about the benefits of Google Analytics.
- Check out the Google Analytics getting-started guide.
- Read about the different tests you can do with Google Analytics Experiments.
- Read about setting up experiments.