About Search Engine Optimization
The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) reports in Analytics provide information about Google Web Search queries that have returned URL results from your site. The data is available via an Analytics integration with Google Search Console.In this article:
See SEO data
To see SEO data in Analytics, you'll need to:
- Add your site and verify it with Search Console.
If you have not yet used Search Console, you will need to add your site to Search Console to begin collecting search query data for the SEO reports in Analytics.
- Configure SEO reporting within Analytics.
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Navigate to your view.
- Select the Reporting tab.
- Select Acquisition > Search Engine Optimization.
SEO metrics and dimensions
The SEO reports in Analytics show:
- Queries users typed to reach your site
- Number of impressions of your website's URLs in search results pages
- The number of clicks on your website's URLs from search results pages
- The ratio of clicks to impressions for your website's URLs
- The average position of your website's URLs in search listings
- The pages users landed on when clicking on search results listing your site
Search Console data includes only Web Search property data, and includes a maximum of the last 90 days of data. Analytics requires 48 hours to import data from Search Console; as consequence, the 2 most recent days' data are not available. Once the data is imported, Analytics also includes a maximum of 90 days of data.
Filters that you apply to Analytics reporting views do not affect the data you import from Search Console.
For more information, read Using the SEO reports.
Using Search Console
If you already use Search Console and Analytics, the SEO reports provide a site performance view designed for Analytics. If you have not yet used Search Console, you will need to add your site to Search Console to begin collecting search query data for the SEO reports in Analytics.
In either case, see the Search Console Help Center for the following information about setup and analysis beyond the SEO reports in Analytics: