If you are using Universal Analytics, you'll see a blue notification at the top that says "Universal Analytics will no longer process new data in standard properties beginning July 1, 2023." (However, if you previously dismissed this notification, it will not display.)
You can also look at your property ID to see whether you are using Universal Analytics or Google Analytics 4.
- Universal Analytics property IDs start with UA and end with a number (UA-XXXXXXXXX-1).
- Google Analytics 4 property IDs have only numbers (XXXXXXXXX).
- If you created your property before October 14, 2020, you're likely using a Universal Analytics property.
- If you created your property after October 14, 2020, you're likely using a Google Analytics 4 property already.
Find your property ID
To find your property ID:
- In the top left corner (next to the Analytics logo), click the down arrow to open the property selector.
The left-most column lists your accounts, and the next column contains your properties. The property you currently have open is highlighted in gray.
- Look at the number below the property name to identify the property type.