If you're looking at a Universal Analytics property, you'll see a colored notification at the top about data processing. If you haven't already set up a GA4 property, you'll also see a button to complete GA4 setup.
You can also look at your property ID to see whether you are using Universal Analytics or Google Analytics 4.
- Universal Analytics property IDs start with UA and end with a number (UA-XXXXXXXXX-1).
- Google Analytics 4 property IDs have only numbers (XXXXXXXXX).
- If you created your property before October 14, 2020, it is probably a Universal Analytics property.
- If you created your property after October 14, 2020, it is probably a Google Analytics 4 property.
Find your property ID
To find your property ID:
- In the top left corner (next to the Analytics logo), click the down arrow to open the property selector.
The left-most column lists your accounts, and the next column contains your properties. The property you currently have open is highlighted in gray.
- Look at the number below the property name to identify the property type.