Identify whether you have a Universal Analytics property or a Google Analytics 4 property
Look at your property ID to see which type of property you have.
- Universal Analytics property IDs start with UA and end with a number (UA-XXXXXXXXX-1).
- Google Analytics 4 property IDs have only numbers (XXXXXXXXX).
- If you created your property before October 14, 2020, you're likely using a Universal Analytics property.
- If you created your property after October 14, 2020, you're likely using a Google Analytics 4 property already.
To find your property ID:
- In the top left corner (next to the Analytics logo), click the down arrow to open the property selector.
The left-most column lists your accounts, and the next column contains your properties. The property you currently have open is highlighted in gray.
- Look at the number below the property name to identify the property type.