Set up (web)
After you have set up your Analytics account with your website URL, follow the instructions below to enable Analytics tracking if your site was created with Google Sites. Note: you must have administrative access to the Google Site in order to enable Analytics tracking for it.
- From the More Actions button in the upper right corner of your Google Sites Page, click Manage site.
- Click General from the Site Settings menu on the left.
- Check the Enable Google Analytics for this site checkbox to the right of the Statistics heading.
- Paste the tracking ID for your website in the field below the checkbox.
To find the ID for your property, sign into Google Analytics and browse to the Analytics account and property you use to track your website. Under the Property column, click Tracking Info and then Tracking Code. The tracking ID will look like UA-XXXXX-YY.
- Click the Save Changes button.
To verify that your tracking is working, see Verifying Your Setup.