Customize your dashboards and widgets for the best account overview.
To create a dashboard:
- Click the Home tab.
- In the left-hand pane, expand Dashboards, then click + New Dashboard in the left-hand pane.
- Select either Blank Canvas (no widgets) or Starter Dashboard (default set of widgets).
- Enter a title, then click Create Dashboard.
- If you are adding widgets to a new Blank Canvas, or if you click + Add Widget to add a new widget to an existing dashboard, the widget editor opens.
- Select the display format for your widget: Metric, Pie chart, Timeline, Table.
- Select the data for the format you chose:
- Metric: Select the individual metric.
- Pie chart: Select the metric and dimension, and the number of slices.
- Timeline: Select the primary metric, and optionally a comparative metric.
- Table: Select the dimensions, up to two metrics, and the number of rows.
- Click Add a filter to filter the data in the widget.
- Select Only show to include specific data.
- Select Don't show to exclude specific data.
- Select a dimension.
- Select a method to evaluate your entry in the last field.
- Enter a value in the last field.
Learn more about filters.
- Enter a title for the widget.
- Optionally, enter the URL to a report.
- Click Save.
- Set the time frame for the dashboard with the control at the top right:
- Click the arrow to open the control.
- For a custom range, select or enter beginning and end dates. For a relative range (e.g., last week), select that range from the menu.
- Select the check box for Compare to past if you want to compare data for a similar previous time range.
- Click Apply.
Edit/Delete Dashboards and Widgets
You can edit/delete the dashboard as whole, or you can edit/delete individual widgets within the dashboard.
To edit the dashboard as a whole:
- Click + Add Widget to add a new widget to the dashboard.
- Drag existing widgets to new positions within the dashboard.
- To delete the entire dashboard, click Delete Dashboard in the upper-right corner.
To edit/delete an individual widget:
- Click the gear icon in the top-right corner of the widget.
- Change the display format, dimension, metrics, or title.
- Click Save.
- To delete the widget, click the gear icon, then click delete widget at the bottom of the screen.