Managing properties and views
Add a new view
Learn more about how views provide different perspectives on your data.
If you’re setting up views for an app property, then create at least one view for each development platform (iOS or Android). Read our best practises for mobile app analytics set-up for other recommended Mobile App Analytics configurations.
To create a view:
- Click Admin at the top of any Analytics page.
- Use the Account and Property menus to select the account and property in which you want to create the view.
- In the View column, click the menu then click Create new view.
- Select either Web Site or App.
- Enter a name for the view.
Use a name that clearly identifies the nature of the data.
- Select the time zone that you want to use as the day boundary for your reports, regardless of where the data originates. For example, if you choose United States, Pacific Time, then the beginning and the end of each day is calculated based on Pacific Time – regardless of whether visits originated in New York, London or Moscow.
Changing the time zone only affects data going forward and is not applied retrospectively. If you change the time zone for an existing view, then you may see a flat spot or a spike in your data. This may be caused by the time shift forwards or backwards, respectively. Report data may refer to the old time zone for a short period after you update your settings, until our servers have processed the change.
- Click Create View.
If your account is linked to AdWords, your time zone is automatically set to the AdWords preference to ensure accurate campaign reporting. You will not see the option to select a time zone when you create a new view in Analytics (see Step 6, above).
Additionally, the data from your linked AdWords account is automatically imported to any view that you create. You can remove this data from your view at any time by editing the View Settings.
After you create a view, you can edit its settings to affect the report data in that view.