Add a new view
Create a new view for an existing property in your account.
You can add up to 50 views to a property. To raise this limit, please reach out to your account manager.
You need Edit permission to add views. To set up a view:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Select the Admin tab and navigate to the account and property to which you wish to add the view.
- In the VIEW column, click the dropdown menu. Click Create new view.
- Select either Web Site or App. What's the difference?
- Enter a Name.
Use a specific and descriptive name, so you can easily tell what data is in this view when you see the name in a list.
- Select the Reporting Time Zone.
If your Analytics account is linked to a Google AdWords account, the time zone is automatically set to your AdWords preference, and you won’t see this option. Learn more about how the Reporting Time Zone setting works.
- The time zone setting only affects how data appears in your reports and not how you collect data. For example, if you choose United States, Pacific Time, then the beginning and end of each day is calculated based on Pacific Time, regardless of whether sessions originate in New York, London, or Moscow.
- Changing your time zone affects data going forward, and is not applied retroactively. You might notice a flat spot or a spike in your report data if you update your time setting after you’ve already been using this property. Your reports might also refer to the old time zone for a short period after you update this setting.
- (For User ID enabled Properties only) Click the toggle ON to create a User ID view. For a reporting view, leave the toggle set to OFF.
- Click Create View.
After you create a view, you can come back to the Admin page and edit the view settings.
If your Analytics account is linked to an AdWords account, data from the AdWords account is automatically imported into any new view you create on that account. Learn more about linking your Analytics account with AdWords.
Was this article helpful?