Delete an Analytics account
You need Edit permission to move an account to the Trash Can. Moving an account to the Trash Can also moves all component properties and views to the Trash Can. To move an Analytics account to the Trash Can:
- Remove the Analytics tracking code from all your web pages or from your app.
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Select the Admin tab.
- In the ACCOUNT column, use the dropdown menu to select the account you want to delete.
- In the ACCOUNT column, click Account Settings.
- Click Move account to Trash Can.
Everyone with Manage Users permission then receives an email notifying them that the account has been marked for deletion.