Accounts and Users
Add a new account
Create your first Analytics account
To create your first account:
- Go to http://www.google.co.uk/analytics.
- Click Access Google Analytics, and follow the instructions.
If you are already an AdWords user, then you can create a new account within AdWords: Click Tools and Analysis > Google Analytics, and follow the instructions.
Create additional Analytics accounts
Once you have your first account, you can then create additional accounts as necessary.
- Click Admin at the top of any Analytics page.
- In the Account column, click the menu, then click Create new account.
- Select whether you want to track a website or an app:
- Select a tracking method: Universal Analytics or Classic Analytics.
- Enter the website name and URL.
You can only use UTF-8 characters when you enter the URL. You cannot use the following UTF-8 characters: & = . $ %20 ? ^ #
Do not enter any characters after the domain name (e.g. a trailing slash).
If you enter a URL that is not formed correctly, then Google Analytics will prevent you from proceeding until you resolve the error.
If the URL for your website contains non-UTF-8 characters (for example, characters from the Cyrillic alphabet), see this article.
- Enter the name of the app.
- Select an industry category that reflects the content of your site or app.
- Select the time zone that you want to use as the day boundary for your reports, regardless of where the data originates. For example, if you choose United States, Pacific Time, then the beginning and the end of each day is calculated based on Pacific Time – regardless of whether visits originated in New York, London or Moscow.
- Enter the name that you want to use for the account.
- Select the Data Sharing Settings that you want to use.
- Click Get Tracking ID.
Learn more about: