Set up E-commerce Tracking
E-commerce tracking is available for both web and app properties but must first be enabled at the view level.
A qualified developer should then complete additional technical set up, following the detailed instructions in the Developer Guide for your specific environment (see below).
No E-commerce data appears in your reports until you set up E-commerce Tracking.
Enable E-commerce tracking
- Click Admin from the menu bar at the top of any screen in Analytics.
- Use the drop-down menus to select the Account, Property and View.
- Click View Settings.
- In the E-commerce Settings section, click the toggle so it says ON
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Additional considerations for web properties
Before you set E-commerce Tracking for a web property, first determine if you also need cross-domain tracking.
If you use a third-party shopping basket, or track transactions across separate domains, follow the instructions on Cross-domain tracking before modifying the tracking code for setting up E-commerce transactions. If your shopping basket software and E-commerce site are on the same domain, you do not need cross-domain tracking.
Add the E-commerce tracking code
For details on how to set up E-commerce tracking, follow the instructions in the Developer Guide for your specific environment:
- Website tracking: Universal Analytics (analytics.js) or classic Google Analytics (ga.js)
You must use the same method as your collection snippet.
- Mobile app tracking: Android apps or iOS apps