Set up Ecommerce Tracking
To see Ecommerce data in your Analytics reports, you need to:
- Enable Ecommerce for each view in which you want to see data.
Enable Ecommerce for a view
You need to enable Ecommerce for each view in which you want to see the data.
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the view you want.
- In the VIEW column, click Ecommerce Settings.
- Set Enable Ecommerce to ON.
- Optional: Set Enable Related Products to ON.
- Click Next step.
- Click Submit.
Tracking-code setup with Google Tag Manager
Tracking-code setup (web)
If you have not already set up basic page tracking, do this first.
If you use a third-party shopping cart, or track transactions across separate domains, you'll need to set up cross-domain tracking. If your shopping cart software is on the same domain as your ecommerce site, you don't need to implement cross-domain tracking.
- Ecommerce Tracking documentation
- (If you are using Enhanced Ecommerce) Enhanced Ecommerce documentation.
Tracking-code setup (app)
To collect ecommerce data from a mobile app, use one of the Analytics SDKs.
To collect ecommerce data from an Internet-connected device (a point-of-sale device, for example, but not a website or mobile app), refer to Ecommerce Tracking or Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking in the Measurement Protocol developer guide.
- Ecommerce Tracking: Web Tracking (analytics.js)
- Ecommerce Tracking - Android SDK
- Ecommerce Tracking - iOS SDK
- Measurement Protocol developer guide