Set up Ecommerce Tracking
Add Ecommerce Tracking to your website or app.
To see Ecommerce data in Google Analytics, you need to:
- Enable Ecommerce in your reports, and
- Add code to your site or app to collect ecommerce data.
Enable Ecommerce in your reports
You need to enable Ecommerce reporting in the view in which you want to see the data.
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Navigate to the desired account, property and view.
- In the VIEW column, select Ecommerce Settings.
- Click the Enable Ecommerce toggle ON.
- Optional: Click the Enable Related Products toggle ON.
- Click Next step.
- Click Submit.
Tracking setup with Google Tag Manager
Tracking setup (web)
If you have not already added basic page tracking, do this first.
If you use a third-party shopping cart, or track transactions across separate domains, you'll need to set up cross domain tracking. If your shopping cart software is on the same domain as your ecommerce site, you don't need to implement cross domain tracking.
Tracking setup (app)
To collect ecommerce data from a mobile app, use one of the Google Analytics SDKs.
To collect ecommerce data from an Internet connected device (a point-of-sale device, for example, but not a website or mobile app), refer to Ecommerce Tracking or Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking in the Measurement Protocol developer guide.
- Ecommerce Tracking: Web Tracking (analytics.js)
- Ecommerce Tracking - Android SDK
- Ecommerce Tracking - iOS SDK
- Measurement Protocol developer guide