Get started with Analytics
To start collecting basic data from a website or mobile app:
- Create a new Analytics account if you do not have one. Visit google.com/analytics, click the Sign in to Analytics button (top right), and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Set up a property in the account you have created.
If you’re setting up Analytics to track an app, consult the best practices for mobile app analytics setup.
- Follow the instructions to set up web tracking or set up mobile app tracking.
You may wish to configure your account, property, and view. (Read Manage and configure Analytics to learn how.) For example, you can:
- Add reporting views that filter out internal traffic from your own company or show traffic only for specific parts of your site. Learn about reporting views.
- Allow other users to see reports and give them permission to make configuration changes. Learn about user management.
- Set up Goals so that you can see conversion rates in your reports. Learn about Goals.
- Link your Analytics account to your AdWords account. Learn more.
- Browse the Solutions Gallery for dashboards, custom reports and segments that you can use in your account.
You can collect additional data by modifying your tracking code. For example, you can collect data about: