See voice messages as text
You can read voice messages you send or receive in Allo in the U.S., Brazil, and U.K. in English and Portuguese.
Note: This feature is only available on Android.
Turn transcripts on or off
You can see your voice messages written in the language you use on your phone.
- On your Android phone, open Allo .
- Tap Menu Settings Chat.
- Turn Voice message transcripts on or off.
If you turn off transcripts but someone in your chat turns them on, that person will still see your messages.
Note: Google transcribes your messages but doesn't permanently store them.
Improve accuracy for transcripts
Try out these tips for a more accurate transcription.
- Record in a quiet place. Any noise or voice in the background, like from the TV, will be picked up.
- Speak clearly and slowly.
- Hold the phone close by.
- Keep your recordings under one minute.