Make sure Incognito chats are secure
To check that your Incognito chats are secure, you can compare conversation codes with the person you're talking with.
What's a conversation code?
The 60-digit conversation code is unique to each Incognito chat. If you and the person you're chatting with have the same code, that means your chats are secure, and the messages can only be seen by you and the person you're chatting with.
Note: This feature only works on Allo’s mobile app.
- Open Allo.
- Tap the Incognito chat you'd like to check.
- Tap the profile icon Chat details Conversation code.
- Compare the 60-digit code with the person you're chatting with.
- Same code: That means only you and the person you're chatting with can see your messages.
- Codes don't match: Try sending a new Incognito message in the chat. Then re-check the code.
Get alerted if the code changes
The code may change if the person you're chatting with re-installs Allo or changes phones.
Note: The alert setting is only available on Android phones.
- Go to Menu Settings.
- Turn on Incognito chat .