Control what info is shared with your Google Assistant
We take your privacy seriously. You choose what you share with your Google Assistant. For more personalized answers and suggestions, your Assistant asks you for permissions when you set up your account.
What’s shared with your Google Assistant
The info your Assistant has access to changes depending on whether you’re using Google Allo or Google Home.
After you register the Google Allo app, your Assistant and the app can see:
- Google Allo profile information, like your name and photo, if available.
- Your Google Allo phone number
- Your Google Allo app version
- Group chat information
Give permissions for a more personalized experience
You can let your Assistant see other information for responses that are more tailored to you. The permissions you can give change depending on whether you’re using Google Allo or Google Home.
With your permission, your Google Assistant can see:
- Where your phone is, which lets your Assistant give you local info like weather and restaurant recommendations.
- Info on your phone, like your contacts, storage, or calendar.
- Your Google Account info, including your search history, voice and audio activity, and other info stored in your account. If you connect your Google Account, your Assistant can provide better results and suggestions
Delete your Google Assistant activity
Your personal information isn't sold to anyone. If you're ever interacting with a third party, we'll let you know so that you're in control of the information you share.
We'll continue to improve the usefulness of the Google Assistant over time, and part of this is through learning from past activity with the Google Assistant.
If you interact with the Google Assistant, we treat this similarly to searching on Google and may use these interactions to deliver more useful ads. You can delete past interactions with your Assistant at any time.