Share photos, location, stickers, gifs, and more
You can share media or your location in a Google Allo chat. Send photos, videos, gifs, or stickers to show how you feel or what you're doing.
Add photos, videos, or location
- Tap the chat where you want to add media.
- Tap Add.
- At the bottom of the screen, choose from:
- Take photo : Take a photo or a video. If you want to draw on the photo, tap Edit . Then tap Send .
- Insert photo : Choose a photo or video from your device's library. If you want to draw on the photo, tap Edit . Then tap Send .
- Share location : Choose your current location or another location nearby. Tap Send .
Attach a file (Androids only) : Choose a file from your device’s library or your Google Drive. Then tap Send Now.
- Tap the chat you want to use.
- In the message box, you can:
- Search by keyword: Type what you want to say, then tap . You'll see emoji, stickers, and gifs related to what you wrote.
- Browse: Don't write anything, tap .
- The emoji, stickers, and gifs are sent as messages right away. Choose what you want to use:
- Emoji or sticker: Tap the one you want. Or to see more, tap More . To add more stickers, tap Add stickers Download .
- Gif: Scroll to the far right, tap Pull for gifs. Choose the gif you want to use.
On Android devices, you can use a picture of yourself to create personalized stickers.
- At the bottom of the screen, in the compose bar, tap Add Insert sticker Add stickers Turn a selfie into stickers.
- Tap Create.
- Position the camera so your face fits inside the screen, and take a picture of yourself.
- Choose what to do next:
- Redo: Retake your selfie.
- Customize: Personalize your sticker pack by changing how the person's features, like its hair color or face shape. When you’re done, tap Save.
- Save: Tap to save your sticker pack.
- Your stickers will be saved together in a group. To send one in a chat, follow the steps to share stickers.
Delete your personalized sticker pack: Tap Insert sticker Add stickers My stickers Delete .
See the media you've shared
To see what media you've shared in a chat, tap the person's profile icon Chat details Shared media.