What you can ask the Google Assistant in Google Allo
You can ask your Google Assistant for information, for help with tasks, or use commands like making calls. You can even ask your Google Assistant "What can you do?" to get some ideas.
Here are examples of what you can ask your Google Assistant to do:
- Weather: What's the weather today? What's the weather this weekend?
- Food: What restaurants are nearby? I feel like having pizza tonight.
- Businesses & local area: Where's the closest gas station? Which pharmacy is open?
- Directions: How long will it take to get to the airport? How long will it take to get home?
Personal & fun
- Personalize with your information: Ask the Assistant, "What is my name?" Or tell the Assistant info about yourself, like "I'm Jenny. I'm a vegetarian. My favorite color is blue." Or you could tell your Google assistant your preferences, like to always use Fahrenheit. (You can tell the Google assistant to forget the information, and it'll forget it.)
- Make calls: Call Mom. Call John.
- Play games: Play trivia. Play the emoji game.
- Calendars & reminders: Schedule a meeting for Tuesday at 3 p.m. with Scott. Show me my schedule for tomorrow.
- Clock: Set an alarm for 6 a.m. Set a timer for 30 seconds.
- Photos: Show me my photos of the beach. Show me picture of puppies.
- Translation (Ask about more than 100 languages): What's "How are you?" in German. What's "Good morning" in Arabic?
Ask for information
- Entertainment: Show me the trailer for the latest Pixar movie. Play me a song.
- News: Show me the latest news. Send me the news every day at 10 a.m.
- Facts: How many planets are in the Milky Way? How tall is Mt. Everest?