Start a group chat
Groups are limited to 256 people. You can add people directly, share the chat's link, or use a QR code. If you can't send a message using Allo, you'll see "Invite" next to the contact's name.
Start a new group chat
- On your iPhone, open Allo.
- Tap New Chat Start group chat.
- Name the group. Also, add a photo or choose an avatar. You can skip this step by tapping Skip.
- From the Contacts list, tap the names of the people to include in the chat. You can also search for their names or numbers and tap Next.
- Enter your message and tap Send .
If you can't send a message using Allo, you'll see "Invite" next to the contact's name.
Settings for group chats
Once you've created a group chat, you can change its settings:
- Tap the group chat you want to add someone to.
- In the upper right, tap the profile icon.
- Add a person directly: Tap Add people Tap the person's name Next.
- Send someone a link: Tap Group details Share invite link Choose an app to send the link. You can edit the invitation message before you send it.
- Add a person using a QR code: Tap Group details Add with QR code. When the QR code shows, tell the other person to scan it by going to Menu QR scanner. Anyone with the QR code can join the group chat.
- Only people with the new link can join the chat.
- Resetting the group chat's link will also reset its QR code.
- Tap the group chat.
- In the upper right, tap the profile icon Group details Reset link Reset link.
- Tap the group conversation you want to leave.
- In the upper right, tap the profile iconLeave & delete chat history.
- Tap Leave to confirm you're leaving the group chat.
- Tap the group conversation from which you want to remove someone.
- In the upper right, tap the profile iconGroup details.
- Tap the person's name Remove.