Tips for using Google Allo
You can use Google Allo to chat with your family, friends, and anyone else who uses the app--individually or in group conversations.
If you're just getting started with Allo, here are some tips for how to use the app and help you get the most out of your experience.
Chat with your contacts
- Message any one of your contacts.
- If they don't have Allo, the message may still be sent through an SMS or an app preview message. Then you’ll receive the reply in Allo and can continue chatting.
Answer chats quickly with Smart Replies
- You can respond to messages without typing a single word. Allo will learn your style and suggest responses to use.
Smart Replies, or suggested responses, are available in English, French, Hinglish, Indonesian, and Portuguese.
Chat with the Google Assistant one-on-one or in a group
- Ask your Google Assistant questions, find information, and get things done without having to leave your conversation.
- The Google Assistant in Allo is available in English, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Message others in private with Incognito mode
- Messages will be end-to-end encrypted.
- You can set the messages to disappear after a period of time.
- You can also limit what's shown on your phone in your conversation list and notifications to help avoid other people accidentally seeing your messages.
SHOUT or whisper in messages
Adjust the size of the text in your messages so you can "whisper" to your friend through tiny font or "SHOUT" to them in big letters.