Disconnect your phone number from Google Allo
If you want to stop using Google Allo, you can unregister your phone number. If you want to disconnect your phone number from other Google services, you'll need to disconnect it separately.
Note: Uninstalling Allo doesn't automatically unregister your phone number.
- If you uninstall Allo and don't reinstall within 40 days, Google will automatically unregister your phone number from Allo and delete any backups you have.
Unregister your phone number
Remember that once you unregister your phone number, you'll need to register it again to use Allo.
- Open Allo.
- Tap Menu Settings .
- Tap Unregister phone number Unregister.
What happens when you unregister your phone number
- Your Allo conversations from your device and backups will be deleted.
- You'll be removed from all group chats.
- Any blocked phone numbers will be deleted from the blocked list.
- If you connected a Google Account: Your chats with your Google Assistant will remain. To remove those chats, you'll need to delete activity with your Google Assistant separately in Allo first.
- If you didn't connect a Google Account: Your chats with your Google Assistant will be deleted.
- If you have an Android device: You may still receive Allo chats through SMS or app preview messages unless you turn off that setting on your phone.
If you re-install Google Allo and register your phone number with the app on a new device without unregistering on your original device, your group chat memberships and undelivered messages will carry over to the new device.
This also applies if you no longer use your phone but don't unregister. If the next owner of your phone installs Google Allo with the same phone number and uses the app, your group chat memberships and undelivered messages will show on the phone.
If you get a new phone with the same phone number, continue getting messages on your new phone by installing and verifying Allo. Then the messages will go to your new phone and stop on your old phone.
Lost phone: If you lose your phone, we recommend that you call your phone carrier and block text messages until you get your phone. Once you have your phone number working again, install and verify Allo with the same phone number to continue getting messages.