Reply to the SMS or talk on Google Allo
If you got a Google Allo message through an SMS, you can reply directly to the text, or download Allo and chat with friends there (recommended).
With Allo, you can see images, use the Google Assistant to get info, and more.
Download & install Google Allo
To get Allo, tap the app link below.
When you receive an Allo message through SMS
You can chat directly through the text message, and see group chats and Google Assistant responses. You can't see images and use many other Allo features in the SMS messages unless you download the app.
- Continue chatting with the Allo user: Reply to the SMS that has the chat message.
- Stop receiving Allo messages by texts: Text "STOP."
Your friend messaging you on Allo might include the Google Assistant in a message. If you get the chat through SMS, you'll only see the Assistant's responses and won't be able to chat directly with the Assistant.
If you want to interact with the Google Assistant, download the app:
What you can do with Allo
If you get Allo, you can use its smart-messaging features:
- Answer chats quickly: You can respond to messages without typing, by tapping a suggested automated response. Smart Replies are available in English, Hinglish, Indonesian, and Portuguese.
- Chat with your Google Assistant: Ask it questions, or tell it to do things. The Google Assistant is available in English, German, Hindi, Japanese, and Portuguese.
- Message others in private: Use private notifications to help keep your chats more discreet and send messages through end-to-end encryption in Incognito mode. Set messages to disappear after a period of time.
- Adjust your font in messages: "Whisper" to your friend through tiny font or "SHOUT" to them in big letters.