Getting Started Guide
- Try to be as precise as possible. The more precise your search terms are, the more relevant your alerts will be.
- Use quotes around a group of words if you are looking for them together. Examples:
- "white house"
- "Mike Smith"
- Put quotes around a single word to match that word precisely as you typed it, excluding synonyms and spelling variations. Examples:
- "foard" (to stop Google including results for Ford)
- Michael "Jacson" (to stop Google including results for Michael Jackson)
- Use a minus sign (-) in front of words that you want to exclude. Examples:
- paris -texas
- apple -fruit
- Use the site: operator to limit your search to specific sites. Examples:
- physics site:.edu
- congress site:nytimes.com
- Use the site: operator with a dash to exclude specific sites. Example:
- "joe bloggs" -site:twitter.com