Search for ads by image (Beta)
Creative review includes an image search function to help you find and review image ads, including third-party creatives. Simply upload a target image from your computer and Creative review will find the ads that are a visual match for your image. For example, you could upload a picture of a competitor’s logo and use it to search for image ads containing their logo. To search by image:
- In the main navigation bar across the top of the page, click the Creative review tab.
If you're accessing this feature from DFP instead of Ad Exchange, select Delivery, then Creatives > Exchange creatives.
- Click the appropriate syndication type, for example, Display or Video.
- Select the sub-tab for the ads you’re looking for. For example, if you want to find ads that have already appeared on your site, select the Shown tab.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the screen, click Filters.
- In the "Filters" panel, next to “Similar to image,” click Browse for an image and select an image from your computer.
Your image can be a maximum of 2MB in size, and its largest dimension should be less than or equal to 1024 pixels. The supported image file formats are: JPEG, GIF and PNG.
- Under “Ad types,” make sure that only the Image checkbox is selected.
- Choose from the following filtering options:
You'll see slightly different filtering options, depending on which tab you've selected in the sidebar.
- Ads matching: Search based on ad text or URL, similar image ads (beta), and custom images or logos (beta).
- From ad network: Search a specific ad network.
- New ads in last: Search for ads that have appeared in the last 1, 3, or 7 days, or for all new ads.
- Click Apply filters. The results of your image search are displayed in Creative review ready for you to review and block.