Create or edit a query
Add report dimensions and metrics
Dimensions are categories by which you can view and sort report data; they define the columns and rows in your report.
- Locate the "Report dimensions" you want to add to your query.
- To add dimensions to the query, click >>. Your selections appear to the right of the dimensions list. In other words, select in the left and it appears in the right. The selected dimension displayed in the list turns grey. You can click-and-drag dimensions to rearrange their order, as needed.
To remove a selected dimension, click the X to the right of the dimension name.
- Select your desired output table structure.
Metrics represent the values that you're measuring. Metric families include standard metrics and bid metrics. For example, you can measure your account performance by reporting on ad impressions, number of clicks and so on.
- Check the "Report metrics" you want to add to your query.
Metrics that are incompatible with certain dimensions or other metrics appear disabled with an alert icon displayed to the right. When you hover over the icon, you are advised that if you want to include the metric in your report, something should be removed.
- After you have made your choices, run your report and interpret your results.
- (Optional) Prior to running the actual query, click Preview report layout, to get a quick look at the output structure.