Target mobile web content
This article refers to the legacy version of the Ad Exchange interface.*
Beginning early 2016, the legacy interface will be deprecated and all non-RTB campaigns created in this platform will be turned off. If you're already using the new interface, you can find most of the new processes in the following:
Pretargeting: create and define pretargeting configurations
Hosted bidding: build and maintain campaigns
Query Tool: create queries and run reports
* If you are not already using the new interface, contact your account team.
To reuse existing campaign settings, create a new third-party ad and ad group in an existing campaign. Learn how to create a new campaign if necessary.
- Click the Campaigns tab. Select a campaign with your desired settings.
- Click + New ad group.
- Follow the instructions for creating a new ad group.
- Next, follow the instructions for creating a third-party display ad, but with these additional options:
Under Device preference, check Mobile to set this creative as a Mobile preferred creative.
Set the Ad size to one of:
Additional steps for RTB buyers
When responding with mobile web ads, include creative attribute 50,
RichMediaCapabilityType: RichMediaCapabilityNonFlash in the creative attribute field. Learn about Flash and Flash-less ads.
Use Display Planner to target mobile web
Display Planner can help you narrow your targeting criteria further, targeting specific mobile web inventory. To get started:
- Click the Tools and Analysis tab and select Display Planner.
- On the start page, enter a relevant keyword or your landing page.
- Click Get placement ideas.
- Under Filters on the left-hand side, click the edit button.
- On the left, there's a list of ad formats. Uncheck all ad formats but Mobile images.
- The ad sizes list will automatically be limited to 300x50 and 320x50. If you'd like to target 200x200 and 250x250 ad sizes, add these by clicking the edit button.
- Uncheck Mobile app placement filters, since we're not targeting mobile apps.
- Click Save.
- Back on the main screen, add placements as usual, following the usual Display Planner workflow.
Now we'll narrow your results to mobile web placements: