Enable or disable bid data sharing
Enabling the bid data sharing feature in the Ad Exchange buy-side user interface allows you to receive useful bid data from other participating buyers for certain features (such as feedback on bids). Additionally we will provide publishers access to query-level bid data, that provides them with more useful insight into the value of their advertising inventory on Ad Exchange. For example, a publisher may be able to see every bid submitted on their inventory via our sell-side data transfer files. Buyers can enable or disable this sharing functionality at any time via the buy-side user interface.*
Buyers may choose not to disclose their bid data to publishers and other buyers. However, there are advantages to this transparency apart from receiving feedback on your bids. For example, the report also gives publishers a way to identify buyers with appropriately priced bids and enough bidding activity to potentially qualify for the premium inventory sold through Preferred Deals and Private Auctions. Buyers are opted in by default to bid disclosure and buyers will need to expressly opt out of this feature via the buy-side user interface if buyers do not want to share query-level bid data. See the Ad Exchange Buyer Guidelines for more information.
Enabling bid data sharing also allows you to receive bid data from other participating buyers for certain features such as feedback on lost bids.
What do publishers see?
Publishers can view the bids for all opted-in buyers of their inventory. Publishers get access to the following data, among others:
- Number of bids
- Closing bid CPM (transacted price)
- Bid Price
- Bid Floor
- Win percentage
- Mean CPM
- Bid ranges
- Auction Type
- Creative ID
How to opt-out
To adjust your bid data sharing from Ad Exchange publishers and buyers:
- Sign in to your Ad Exchange account at https://www.google.com/adx.
- Click the settings gear , followed by Account settings.
- Locate the "Marketplace settings" section and click Edit.
- Select or de-select Disclose bid data to publishers and other buyers on Ad Exchange to enable or disable functionality.
- Click Save.
* Opting out of disclosure will hide all bid data from all publishers and may limit your access to certain publisher inventory, per our policies.