Target mobile apps
This article refers to the legacy version of the Ad Exchange interface.*
Beginning early 2016, the legacy interface will be deprecated and all non-RTB campaigns created in this platform will be turned off. If you're already using the new interface, you can find most of the new processes in the following:
Pretargeting: create and define pretargeting configurations
Hosted bidding: build and maintain campaigns
Query Tool: create queries and run reports
* If you are not already using the new interface, contact your account team.
You can target your ads to mobile applications that show on smartphones or tablets.
- If you haven't done so already, Create a third-party ad with the following settings:
- From the size drop-down, select 320x50. Or select any of these additional sizes for tablets only: 300x250, 728x90, and 468x60.
- Save the ad.
- Make sure that the campaign containing the ad targets “All available devices” or that applicable devices are selected under the “Let me choose” section.
- Navigate to the ad group that contains the mobile ad.
- Click the Display Network tab.
- Click the Change display targeting button.
- If you didn't select an ad group before, select one now from the Select an ad group drop-down list.
- Click Search all apps. From here, you can either search for specific apps from the iTunes App Store or Google Play, or add multiple apps at once using their app IDs.
- Enter your keywords and click Search.
- From the search results, select the apps you want to target by clicking the » button. Each app will be added to the list of selected placements on the right.
- Click Save.
- Click Add multiple placements at once.
- In the dialogue that opens, you can add multiple apps at once using the app ID from the iTunes App Store or Google Play. Formatting is as follows:
mobileapp::<1 or 2>-<app ID>
1designates an iTunes App Store ID, and
2designates a Google Play ID. For example:
- iTunes App Store:
- Google Play:
- iTunes App Store:
Find out how to exclude specific mobile apps from your campaign or ad group.
- You can target ads to both mobile apps and mobile web by selecting the appropriate placement types or by selecting All Topics in the “Topics” tab.
- Remarketing is not supported for mobile apps.