Create a campaign
This article refers to the legacy version of the Ad Exchange interface.*
Beginning early 2016, the legacy interface will be deprecated and all non-RTB campaigns created in this platform will be turned off. If you're already using the new interface, you can find most of the new processes in the following:
Pretargeting: create and define pretargeting configurations
Hosted bidding: build and maintain campaigns
Query Tool: create queries and run reports
* If you are not already using the new interface, contact your account team.
The process to create a campaign consists of three steps: (1) creating a campaign, (2) creating an ad group and targeting the ad group, then (3) creating an ad.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- On the All online campaigns page, click the +New campaign button.
- Copy settings from an existing campaign or enter new settings:
- Next to Load settings, click Existing campaigns and choose the desired campaign.
- To enter new settings, follow the steps below.
- Enter a name for your campaign.
- In the Cost and delivery section, choose whether your campaign will use real-time bidding (RTB). If your campaign uses RTB, please refer to the instructions for creating an RTB campaign. Leave this set to Off if you plan to use static bidding set in your ad groups.
- Enter a daily Budget. While this is per day, note that it represents your average spend over the month.
- Specify your Delivery method: choose Standard (default) or Accelerated.
- In the Scheduling section, you can enter start and end dates, and change the schedule.
- In the Who should see my ad section, you can change locations and languages for your audience, and more.
- Locations and Languages: The default is your location.
- Devices: all available devices is recommended for new advertisers.
- Frequency capping: choose to cap by ad group, ad, or this campaign.
Next, you'll create an ad group.
- Name your new ad group.
- Enter a default bid.
- Target the ad group.
- In the Sites and Placements section, enter placements or search for ideas.
- In the Topics section, select topics (also called categories) or click the Add topics using codes link at the bottom of the picker to paste in category codes.
- In the Audiences section, select existing remarketing lists that you want to target. (If you haven't created any yet, you'll see a message instead.)
Next, you'll create an ad.
Use third-party served creatives onlyAd Exchange no longer supports the hosting of static images uploaded via the interface. Use third-party served ads for all creatives.
Create third-party ads, or skip this step and save the campaign. You can only create one ad while you are creating a campaign. You can also choose to create ads later, after you save the campaign.
- Select the Third party ad tab under the Create ad now radio button.
- Select the Traditional display ad type.
- Enter the HTML snippet in the HTML text box.
- Give the ad a descriptive Ad name
- Enter at least one Destination URL. To add multiple URLs, separate each URL with a new line (hard return).
- Select a pre-set Ad size from the drop-down list.
- In the Ad technology box, select one or more ad technologies that apply. Select Image & Flash if:
- no other ad technologies apply, or
- your own certified technology is not in the box.
- For ads that employ video, select the applicable players in the Video section.
- Select Tagging properties to declare whether your ad uses re-marketing lists or interest-based categories.
- Click Save ad.