With the use of approved third-party vendors, you can create third party ads that serve expandable creatives. These vendors must be explicitly declared from the Ad technology selection box in the user interface.
Both user-initiated (click to expand) and rollover (hover over the ad) expandable creatives are allowed. Expandable creatives can expand in one or more directions as specified in the user interface or in RTB responses. Expandable creatives can expand up to the following maximum dimensions.
|Base Dimension||Expanded Dimension|
|120 x 600||420 x 600|
|160 x 600||320 x 600|
|300 x 250||600 x 300|
|468 x 60||468 x 210|
|728 x 90||728 x 300|
Buyers must indicate that they are running an expandable creative through an ad by declaring a given expandable vendor via the existing ad technology vendor list. It is the buyer’s responsibility to follow the expandable creative specifications as well as adhere to the existing Ad Exchange creative policies.
To find out which vendors are certified for expandable creatives, visit Declaring 3rd- and 4th-party vendors in the Ad Exchange and search in the table for "expandable."
Create an expandable creative
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Navigate and click the ad group that will contain your new ad.
- In the Ads tab, click the "New ad" drop-down and select Third party ad.
- Select the Traditional display ad type.
- Enter the ad's snippet in the HTML text box.
- Give the ad a descriptive Ad name
- Enter at least one Destination URL. To add multiple URLs, separate each URL with a new line (hard return).
- In the "Ad technology" selection box, select the appropriate expandable vendors (e.g., DoubleClick Rich Media - Expandable Unit).
- Choose whether the ad expands when a user clicks the ad or hovers over the ad.
- Select all expandable directions that apply to the ad unit.
- Specify any additional properties as usual.
- Click Save ad.
Preview an expandable creative
- In the Ads tab, click the ad's name.
- Click the Preview Expandable ad link in the dialog box.
- In the preview window, you have the option to:
- Change the Direction: click the drop-down to position the ad based on the expandable direction.