Text ads must meet the following length requirements:
|Example ad||Limit for most languages||Limit for double-width* languages|
|Headline:||Example website||25 characters||12 characters|
|Description line 1:||Summer sale||35 characters||17 characters|
|Description line 2:||Save 15%||35 characters||17 characters|
|Display URL:||www.example.com||35 characters||17 characters|
* Double-width languages are languages that use double-width characters, like Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
- For the display URL, you can actually enter a longer URL, but it'll appear shortened when the ad is displayed.
- The description lines can't lead into the display URL. For example, the second description line can't say, "See this site:" or "Learn more at..."
- The display URL field can't be used as another line of ad text.
- Your ad text can't appear cut off or incomplete.
If you're targeting certain countries in Eastern Europe and Asia, you can make longer text ads by selecting the "I would like to create a longer text ad" option when creating your new text ad. Learn more about longer text ads including their character limits.
Longer text ads are available when you target these countries:
Azerbaijan, Belarus, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, South Korea, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
High-end mobile ads and tablet ads
Landing pages for ads on these mobile devices shouldn't include Flash or other design elements that may not render properly on a mobile device. Flash is currently not supported on iPhones or iPads, and has only limited support on Android and other high-end mobile devices.
If your site doesn't display properly on mobile web browsers (for example, because it uses Flash or contains large images), our system will not show your ad to users on a mobile device. However, your ad can still appear as usual to non-mobile users.
What you can do
Here's more detail about each violation and what you can do if your ad is disapproved or your site is suspended:
- Check your ad's headline, description lines, and display URL to see where you exceeded the character limits.
- Exception: You can request longer ads if your ad is targeting these countries: Azerbaijan, Belarus, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russian Federation, South Korea, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, or Uzbekistan.
- If your ad violates this policy, please edit it to make it comply.
Take me to my account
- On your Ads tab, hover over the ad you want to edit.
- Click the pencil icon next to your ad to edit it.
- Click Save when you're done.
If you aren't able to fix these violations or choose not to, please remove your ad to help prevent your account from becoming suspended in the future for having too many disapproved ads.
What happens if you violate this policy
- Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.
To ensure a safe and positive experience for users, Google requires that advertisers comply with all applicable laws and regulations in addition to the Google AdWords policies. It's important to familiarize yourself with and keep up to date on these requirements for the places where your business operates, as well as any other places your ads are showing. When we find content that violates these requirements, we may block it from appearing, and in cases of repeated or serious violations, you may no longer be able to advertise with Google.
Need help?If you have questions about this policy, let us know:
Contact AdWords Support