What's the policy?
If your website collects sensitive personal information, your site must be hosted on a secure server that uses SSL (https). The following information is all considered to be sensitive personal information.
- Credit and debit card numbers
- Bank and investment account numbers
- Checking account numbers
- Wire transfer numbers
- National identity, pension, social security, or health care numbers
We've created this policy to help protect the safety and security of our users.
You can tell if a site is hosted on a secure server by looking at the site's URL in your web browser. If the URL begins with "https" (rather than just "http"), that means it's hosted on a secure server.
|URL||Acceptable?||Reason||https://www.example.com||Acceptable||This site is hosted on a secure server because the URL begins with "https."||http://www.example.com||Not acceptable||This site isn't hosted on a secure server because the URL doesn't begin with "https."|
What can I do if my site gets suspended?
- If possible, change your website's behavior so that it doesn't ask for personal information.
- Learn how to get started with SSL (https:) so that you can safely and securely collect personal information on your website.
- Please note that we may look at other pages of a website for compliance, not just the landing page of an ad.
- After making any necessary changes to your site, request a re-review of your site by following the instructions below.
How can I request a re-review of my website?
Once you've addressed the violation, please contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to our "Site Policy" form where you can request a re-review of your site.
|Request a re-review|
What happens if I violate this policy?
- Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with AdWords until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to our "Ad Approvals and Policies" form where you can write to us about your issue.
|Contact AdWords Support|