Appeal a policy-related suspension
If your AdWords account has been suspended for violating our policies, you can submit an appeal to Google. In some cases, we may be able to reactivate your account and start running your ads again.
How to appealHere's a summary of the process:
- Understand the policies that your account violated.
- Fix all the violations in your account.
- Request an appeal.
It's important that you follow each step carefully to help your appeal be successful.
Step 1. Understand why your account was suspended
Review all your ads and their websites, including paused ads and ads that aren't disapproved. You'll need to make a complete list of all the ads and websites that are currently in violation of AdWords policies.
Read the relevant policies in detail to make sure you understand all of the requirements.
Step 2. Fix all violations
Make the necessary changes to your ads and/or websites so that you comply with all policies. In some cases, our policies may require changes to your actual business practices in order to comply.
Here's how to fix each disapproved ad:
- Visit your account's Ads tab.
- Hover over the ad that you need to edit. Click on the pencil icon next to your ad, and you'll be able to edit your ad right there.
- Edit the ad so that it complies with all of our policies, and then click Save. Make sure that you actually edit your ad -- if you don't make any changes to your ad, it won't be resubmitted for review.
- You can also remove the disapproved ad if you can't make it meet our policies. All of your disapproved ads must be either fixed or removed.
- Your ad automatically gets resubmitted to us for review.
Here's how to fix each suspended site:
- Edit your website so that it complies with all of our policies.
- Request a review of your fixed website.
Step 3. Submit your appealOnce you're sure that you have gathered all of the information mentioned above and have fixed all the violations in your account, please contact us through this appeals form.
What happens next
Once we receive your appeal, we'll review and evaluate all the information that you've provided and carefully review your account. Then, we'll make a decision on the status of your account. Watch for an email from us notifying you of the decision.
Although every appeal will be carefully reviewed, only some will be eligible to be reactivated. To increase your chance of a successful appeal, create a strong action plan and make sure that your account has zero policy violations.