What's the policy?
AdMob is a mobile advertising platform that offers services for advertisers, publishers, agencies, and app developers. This page covers the policies that specifically apply to advertisers who want to advertise on the AdMob platform.
AdMob ads must adhere to the policies outlined in our Advertising Policies. In addition, AdMob ads must also follow these additional guidelines:
- We currently don't allow content related to our Healthcare and medicines, Alcohol, and Casinos and gambling policies.
- Because AdMob ads show up on the Google Display Network, we only accept ads that contain family safe content.
What can I do if my ad gets disapproved?
If your ad gets disapproved for violating this policy, try reviewing the following tips to help resolve your issue:
|Disapproval reason||What does it mean?||What do I do now?|
|Unclear billing||Your site features billing practices that are either unclear or not allowed per policy.||Edit your ad's landing page so that it complies with our Unclear billing policy.|
|Landing page begins an automatic download||Your landing page initiates an automatic download, which isn't allowed per policy.||Edit your ad's landing page to require a user action before downloading occurs. For more information, please see our Software principles policy.|
|Landing page not mobile optimized||You landing page might contain Flash, which isn't allowed.||Edit your ad's landing page to exclude any Flash elements.|
|Sexual/adult content||Your ad contains content that's not considered family safe.||Edit your ad by removing any adult or non-family safe content. For more information, please see our Family status policy.|
How do I resubmit my ad for review?
If your ad gets disapproved, you can resubmit your ad for review by simply editing your ad and then resubmitting it. To avoid getting disapproved again, make sure you remove any references to the unacceptable content before resubmitting your ad.
Here's how to edit your ad:
- Sign in to your account at https://www.admob.com/login.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Click the campaign name that contains the disapproved ad.
- Click the ad group name that contains the disapproved ad.
- Click the ad name that's been disapproved. Disapproved ads are grayed out.
- The disapproval reason will be listed above the ad name.
- Make the necessary changes to the ad and click the Resubmit button.
What happens if I violate this policy?
- Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with AdWords until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to our "Ad Approvals and Policies" form where you can write to us about your issue.
|Contact AdWords/AdMob Support|