What's the policy?
Social extensions allow you to include Google+ follower information in your ads. In general, the rules that apply to text ads apply to social extensions, too. To ensure your ads are accurate and appropriate, we also have additional requirements when using social extensions, as shown below.
- Unacceptable businesses: At this time, we don't allow certain types of businesses to have social extensions. This includes:
- Verified Google+ pages only: Your social extensions won't be able to show until your Google+ page has been verified.
- Family status: Social extensions and the content they point to must be “family safe.” Any social extension that leads to “non-family” or “adult” content isn’t allowed.
What can I do if my social extension gets disapproved?
All ads go through an approval process to ensure they're acceptable for use within AdWords. If a social extension doesn't follow our policies, we may disapprove it. When this happens, your social extension will not appear with your ad. If you later make changes and your social extensions meet our policies, then they may automatically be eligible to appear with your ads.
What happens if you violate this policy
- Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to our "Ad Approvals and Policies" form where you can write to us about your issue.
|Contact AdWords Support|