What's the policy?
Product Listing Ads allow you to include specific product information like images, prices, and descriptions in your ads.
Policies for U.S. advertisers
As announced in this blog post from May 31st 2012, we offer a Google Shopping experience built on product ads for U.S. merchants. To ensure that your product ads are accurate and appropriate, U.S. merchants need to comply with these feed specification and policy requirements.
Policies for non-U.S. advertisers
To ensure that your product ads are accurate and appropriate, merchants and advertisers based outside of the U.S. need to comply with the following list of policy requirements:
- All items that you list must comply with applicable AdWords advertising policies of the country that your product ads are targeting.
- You must comply with Google Shopping's general feed specification and policy requirements.
- Each link in a Product Listing Ad must lead to a different landing page, each highlighting a separate product. The links should lead to the same domain, but to different landing pages within that domain.
- When your product ad is clicked, it should never initiate a download.
What happens if I violate this policy?
- Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to our "Ad Approvals and Policies" form where you can write to us about your issue.
Contact AdWords Support